The NES™ is a customizable, turn key survey for local governments and other organizations to assess the work climate of their employees. Gain insight into your employees’ needs, perspectives and potential to remain with your organization and discover ways to “win the war for talent” with The NES.
The survey tool contains more than 70 questions that cover the areas of job satisfaction, supervisory relationships, work group collaboration and cohesion, employee productivity and development opportunities. Questions also are included to examine the quality of the physical work environment and organizational communications, structure and effectiveness, as well as the quality and timeliness of internal support services.
The NES™ provides :
- A 5-page survey, based on our templatized questionnaire, with more than 70 questions administered via the Web or, for an additional cost, a self-administered written questionnaire
- A report of results, that includes (depending on the options you choose):
- simple tables of results for each question
- benchmarks against which to compare your jurisdiction’s results
- cross-tabulation of results by employee characteristics (such as exempt/non-exempt, support services/other, years in organization)
- results for each department compared to the overall organization
- key driver analysis to determine which job and organizational characteristics are associated most closely with overall employee job satisfaction
- Power Point presentation materials of survey data to communicate results to employees
- A workshop designed to turn your results into action
Uses of the survey include:
- Insight into your employees’ needs, perspectives and potential to remain with your organization
- An important step in developing a feedback loop to promote learning and innovation
- A way to “win the war for talent” (Frank Benest, emeritus City Manager of Palo Alto)